Email notification problems - 2.2.8 + Mandrake 9 + PostFix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email notification problems - 2.2.8 + Mandrake 9 + PostFix

I've installed 2.2.8 on a default Mandrake 9 installation. It uses the PostFix mail server (default installation).

My users are not getting any email notification at all even when they have subscribed to the forums & threads. Administrators received only 1 email notification and that was 8 hours after a message was posted. After that, email notification mysteriously disappeared for users and administrators.

testmail.php3 works fine (and fast too!), so I'm right now a bit stumped and totally mystified.

I'm a newbie Linux guy so if anyone with 2.2.8 with Mandrake and PostFix experience; give me a few tips on troubleshooting this peculiar problem.

Update

Okay, been fooling around with the forum and now I've traced it to the fact that users NEVER receive any notification of new threads even when subscribed to the forum.

They can receive email notification of replies to threads they have created just fine. Can anyone give me a headstart on solving this particular problem? A virtual t-shirt to anyone who can help out.

Comment

Re: Update

Originally posted by hamdan
      Okay, been fooling around with the forum and now I've traced it to the fact that users NEVER receive any notification of new threads even when subscribed to the forum.
      There is no email notification for forum subscriptions.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X