Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server not responding errors

Hey guys,

In the past few days I've had a quite few emails/concerns from members and mods that when just surfing through the website, navigating and replying, they are getting alot of error messages:
    One example:
    !Web Site Not Responding The web site you have requested may be experiencing technical difficulties due to a busy or broken server. Please try again by clicking the Reload icon on your navigation bar or, if that doesn't work, you may want to return to the site at a later time. 502 Connection Hangup
    Most of these members are AOL users, but this doesn't preclude error message reports from earthlink and other ISPs.

Is this VB/database related? It doesn't sound like it is...but I just wanted to make sure. It sounds like router problems? I have not received any database error email alerts.

Thanks for any help!
    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

502 Connection Hangup

This would appear to be a connection issue - either with the ISP or the server. I've never seen this error before.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

One more error message:

server busy, please try again later

I've seen other mention this one. Is this indicative of anything specific for me to follow up?

Thanks sooo much!

Thanks Steve!

Comment

Try setting both these' Load limiting options' to '0':

Simultaneous sessions limit
        *NIX Load Limit

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is that on my httpd conf?

Comment

No, the Admin CP:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Load limiting options

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

THose settings were already in place in my admin cp.

Here is another oddity but I'm not sure they are related.

In the past few weeks it takes me a while to connect via ftp or for my pop email account to check for mail.

I mean a looonnnng time.

I have a dedicated server for my site (a few other small sites of mine on the same box) but only one VB.

Average loads are under 1 with over 100 members on the boards on average daily.

0.19, 0.44, 0.59 89 users online (60 members & 29 guests) <---currently

I've watched the loads and even when I'm getting these complaints about the server, the load average is under 1.

It makes me wonder if something is wrong somewhere that members are complaining about "server being busy" or "connection hang up" while the board's load is okay...but I'm having a terrible time connecting to POP and ftp.

Related? :shrug: I don't know. I just know that I have no clue where to turn to figure it out.

Comment

Is this a dedicated or shared server? If it's dedicated then you might want to go over to the Server Configuration forum for help in optimizing it.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Dedicated. Okay I'll go there. THanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X