Include an html form within the registration template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Include an html form within the registration template

Can I set up an html form within the registration template, such that... when someone registers, his name and email address are passed along to html form variables... in addition to being placed into the vBulletin data base as usual?

The registration template is HTML. You can add anything you want to it.

However you will need to modify the code to have it forwarded to some other processor. The best place to talk about that is at www.vbulletin.org.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

You should be able to have the forum submit two actions ... I'm sure Ive done this b4 ...

Comment

Wayne and Natch, thanks.

I'd like to avoid hacking. I already have a formmail script on another domain that would do what I want. So, adding a second "action" to the form sounds like an interesting idea, as long as it won't cause any problems for me. I don't want to mess up my vBulletin data base, of course.

Does anyone see any potential problems with adding the second "action"? Would it work?

Comment

What exactly are you trying to do with the formmail script?

If it is to send you an email every time a new user signs up, simply put your email address in the appropriate section under Users/Registration in the Options.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Wayne, thanks. My situation is this...

We host a number of private community groups, each with their own user groups and private forums. Each group's membership is highly controlled, by invitation only. Each group has a representative, who gives approval before inviting a new member to join.

Therefore, we took the "registration" button off the board, and we've been adding new members through the admin cp, which is time consuming for me. So, over the months, I've been trying to think of a way to make the registration process more automated, without sacrificing each group's control.

My latest idea is to have each group representative send out their own invitation emails, and each invitation email would contain a registration link. Once the link is clicked on, here's what I envision happening.

(1) The individual enters the usual vBulletin data, as well as two extra fields... his full name... and his group ID.

(2) He then hits the submit button.

(3) His information is inserted into the vBulletin data base, as usual.

(4) His user account is placed into a queue to await admin approval before it's activated, and the admin would get an email notification. I'm the admin.

(5) Based on the group ID, the appropriate group representative would automatically get an email with the individual's full name, email address, and other field data. This is what the formmail script would hopefully take care of.

(6) The group representative would then send me an email, either approving or disapproving the new member. And then I would either move the individual to the appropriate user group, or I would delete him.
            Last edited by mishkan; Fri 15 Nov '02, 10:07am.

Comment

So, maybe after all that explanation, the fact that I'm still asking for help has been muddled.

Does anyone see any potential problems with adding the second "action" to the html form in the signupadult template?

And would it even work?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X