mod directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod directory

how do I stop anyone from access the /forum/mod directory? it lets anyone in without a password, how do I stop this?

You could set up an .htaccess file. Do you know how to do that?

Comment

Re: mod directory

Originally posted by seby
      how do I stop anyone from access the /forum/mod directory? it lets anyone in without a password, how do I stop this?
      What do you mean? It shouldn't be letting everybody in...

Comment

LOL - I know... what a huge security hole I just found.. All I know is I go to the forum/mod and it lets anyone in! I never touched any setting that would cause it not to ask for a password. Admin CP is passworded, but mod isn't, how do I lock it?

Comment

The Admin CP makes you login, even if you're logged in. The Mod CP does not. Log out, then try again...

Comment

haha, I feel like an idiot... I didn't know the mod cp holds cookies.. That was it, I was already logged into the site so it let me in... I thought it's suppose to ask for a password everytime like admin cp.

Also.. are both cp safe? or should I add .htaccess as well? How safe is it like it is?
            Last edited by sebe; Thu 14th Nov '02, 1:05pm.

Comment

Both CP's are safe, but you may want to .htaccess them for additional security

Comment

Would it be possible to configure the Mod CP to behave the same way as the Admin CP ? (I mean I know it would be, but is that permitted in the license agreement ?)

Comment

Yes, you are allowed to edit the source code of vBulletin. However, by doing so, since you 'hacked' the files, we are not obligated to still offer support after you do this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X