Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I find out the true/exact location of a thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I find out the true/exact location of a thread?

here for example

is when im directly looking over the thread in the browser.

http://www.mysite.com/showthread.php?threadid=68

I dont exactly believe thats where the thread page is, because im trying to get a download protector script to work in the thread. anyway could help out in the future, so where would the thread exactly be on the site? Because for the download protector script to work it has to know the exact page from where its being called from. very silly

- thanks in advance

that's a standard thread page, called by showthread.php

Comment

Note, there is no *location* for a thread. vB uses showtread.php to query the database and construct the thread page on the fly.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Re: How Do I find out the true/exact location of a thread?

Originally posted by ferior
        here for example

is when im directly looking over the thread in the browser.

http://www.mysite.com/showthread.php?threadid=68

I dont exactly believe thats where the thread page is, because im trying to get a download protector script to work in the thread. anyway could help out in the future, so where would the thread exactly be on the site? Because for the download protector script to work it has to know the exact page from where its being called from. very silly

- thanks in advance
        Your script is probably referencing the domain name - or the www.yourhost.com - bit of the URL ... so if you just put in all teh possible variations of yourdomain name (eg, yourhost.com; fourms.yourhost.com; www.yourhost.com, etc) then it should work OK ... if not get a different script LOL

Comment

Working...
        X