Speed Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Issues

Is the amount of threads in a particular forum hinder the speed in which that forum loads onto the screen? Say if you have 70K posts in the forum will it load slower than a board with only 2K posts? Does it help to archive the posts to a different forum?

Also was there ever a fix for the speed problem for attached pictures. Ever since upgrading to 2.6 on up pictures take forever to pop up in the popup. LOL

Thanks,
    G

There is no difference whether there are 100 threads in 1,000 forums or 100,000 threads in 1 forum - they are all in the same thread table and the same table is queried when retreiving thread information.

There are no speed issues that I'm aware of, either pre- or post-2.2.6. What exactly are you having problems with?

Comment

Thank you for your responce. Really the only thing I have noticed is that when you click on an attached graphic or photo it takes forever to produce it after the popup pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by G-man
        Thank you for your responce. Really the only thing I have noticed is that when you click on an attached graphic or photo it takes forever to produce it after the popup pops up.
        That depends on how high resolution the photo is.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X