X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation problem on RH 8.0

Hi

kindly recommend solution to the following problem:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/forums/admin/db_mysql.php on line 34

This occurs during step 2 of install.php
    it did not happen while installing on RH 7.3

Thanks in advance

Regards

Paul

Paul, I had troubles with RH8 on my server, you might be better off using 7.3 .

For some reason in RH8, php doesn't seem to be compiled with mysql support, which is why it isn't connecting. What I did was uninstall PHP, reinstall with a earlier version (4.1.27 I believe) via RPM's ('cause it's easier ).

I had troubles with avatars/attachments even large posts and templates being crupted, so I reinstalled 7.3 and everything's been working great since.

edit:
    see http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=57759
    Hello :)

Comment

Thanks for your info.
      I have fixed the problem by installing the php_mysql rpm.
      This seem to be missing from the default installation
      in RH 8.0. Basically there is a shared library ".so" file
      which is missing and it needs to be located
      in the php mod directory.

Originally posted by mheinemann
      Paul, I had troubles with RH8 on my server, you might be better off using 7.3 .

For some reason in RH8, php doesn't seem to be compiled with mysql support, which is why it isn't connecting. What I did was uninstall PHP, reinstall with a earlier version (4.1.27 I believe) via RPM's ('cause it's easier ).

I had troubles with avatars/attachments even large posts and templates being crupted, so I reinstalled 7.3 and everything's been working great since.

edit:
      see http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=57759

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X