Guest's posts appearing as ignored users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest's posts appearing as ignored users

I have just been notified of a strange problem...but i don't know how long it's been an issue.

Registered users are not being allowed to see posts made by guests (guests are no longer allowed to post, but were up to a few months back). They are being told that they are part of their Ignore list, yet nothing is showing up in the Ignore list.

Has anybody come across this problem before, and more importantly, is there a solution.

Thanks for any help,
    John

This was a bug in earlier versions. Upgrade to 2.2.8 to fix the problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks very much for your reply...now the problem is showing up for me as a moderator...it definitely 100% didn't before.

Also, in admin cp, only the modified (blue) templates are now showing up on the list. The names of the (green) unmodified files are not visible - apart from the [change original]...again this is a recent development. I have made no changes in the past few weeks that might have caused this.

I'm using 2.25 btw.

Comment

Okay, i've made further adjustments which confirm that this 'bug' has only just developed.

I enabled guest posts again. No change, guest's posts are still 'ignored'.

I browsed as a guest...a guest is not a member so cannot set an ignore list, yet all guest posts were ignored.

Finally, and crucially, i posted as a guest and - incredibly - the post i made myself is blocked to me.

I have gone back in as admin to remove it...and the edit function is hidden!!!

How can a bug like this develop?

Comment

its a PHP bug you need to upgrade to 2.2.8 to fix it.

PHP versions 4.2.0 and above caused this problem so I presume your host recently upgraded.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Scott & Steve...thanks for your help.

I have upgraded to 2.28 and indeed, the guests posts are now visible again.

BUT! The name the guests chose in each post has disappeared!

Comment

Originally posted by John F
              BUT! The name the guests chose in each post has disappeared!
              It shouldn't have. I've honestly never heard of this happening with a simple upgrade before.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Tell me about it!

I have hacks installed, but before the upgrade i 'reverted' everything. I checked guest posts before reapplymg hacks, and the problem was there!

No ideas, no?

Comment

All I can suggest is check the database with phpMyAdmin. If you made a copy of the db before upgrading, you might want to restore that db, check it in phpMyAdmin, then run the upgrade scripts again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                  X