Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server.

If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.

Leave a comment:

• Linus
    replied
    I got this message:

Mail sent. Were any errors shown? If there were, mail is probably not set up correctly.

However, I didn't get any mail at all

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Do any of the email functions work? Upload mailtest.php to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Using your email address as a test, what happens? Any errors? Do you get the email?

Leave a comment:

• Linus
    started a topic Mail sending problem

Mail sending problem

After users have registered there seems to be a problem with a confirmation mail being sent as the users do not seem to get the confirmation mail. Any idea why this is happening or how to rectify it ? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Working...
X