Fully Change Username

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully Change Username

I changed my username a few months back, and now I'm looking at my database via phpmyadmin and I see that in the posts I made under my old user name, my old username appears under the post. Anyway to change that to my new username?

Isn't there something like an "update counters" function in the admin cp? I think I saw something like that. Maybe near or under the Stats section?

Edit... it's under a section called "Import and Maintenance", on the left hand side of the admin cp screen. In that section, the function is called "update counters".

Comment

Originally posted by mishkan
      Isn't there something like an "update counters" function in the admin cp? I think I saw something like that. Maybe near or under the Stats section?

Edit... it's under a section called "Import and Maintenance", on the left hand side of the admin cp screen. In that section, the function is called "update counters".
      No, not it. That just updates the post count.

Comment

UPDATE post SET userid={userid},username='{newusername}' WHERE username='{oldusername}'

Comment

No, under "update counters", there's something that updates the usernames. I've actually used it, a number of times, already.
          Last edited by mishkan; Sat 9 Nov '02, 4:08pm.

Comment

Update both your forum and thread info counters.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You guys aren't understanding me. I see how that changes what's on the forum (I've updated those counters trillions of times) but within the database itself, it stays with the old one.

Comment

Oh, sorry then. I don't know my way around the data base, so your question is over my head.

Comment

You originally said:

....my old username appears under the post.
                  What exactly are you talking about then if not the post on the forums?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

As I stated, I was looking at my database in phpmyadmin under the 'post' column.

Comment

Ah, I see now. Interesting. The name changes everywhere else except the post table. As far as I know this anomaly has no affect on the forums at all. However if you want to change it then you can do it manually through phpMyAdmin.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Ah, I see now. Interesting. The name changes everywhere else except the post table. As far as I know this anomaly has no affect on the forums at all. However if you want to change it then you can do it manually through phpMyAdmin.
                        Yes, I found this quite interesting myself. I was just checking to see if there are any references to the old username that may be disrupted should I change those.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X