Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ihave big proplem

hi
    ihave big proplem some of my clints can not log in to my vb vergion 2.2.8 the put thir name and password after that come massage says helo to the vb then it is return back to same first page with out let them log in this proplem come to about 45% from my members

45% of your member have this problem?

When did this start happening?

Did you make any changes prior to this problem - particularly to the 'Cookie Domain' and 'Path the save cookies' settings in the Admin CP?

Have you installed any hacks?

Has your host made any recents changes to PHP?

What is the URL to your forums?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

my fourm
      www.moltqa.com/vb/index.php
      all the hack witch i bout i bout it in another vb and it not mack eny proplem
      this haping befor i upgrade to 2.2.8 it was befor 2.0.3
      and i think that they upgrade the php porgram in my server but ihave alot of site and they did not have the proplem

Comment

"Cannot find server"

Also I couldn't decipher your answers. Sorry!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well, it could be one of a couple of things:

First of all, out of curiosity do the users who are having this problem have the same Internet Service Provider? What Internet Service Provider(s) are they using?

Secondly, did you install the admin/sessions.php in Scott's sticky thread in this forum? If so, go back to the original vb2.2.8 admin/sessions.php--this is a known issue with that file.

Since your site is not in English and I certainly can't read arabic, I can't even figure out how to register to test it out. Could you provide a test account for us to help diagnose the problem?

Hope this helps,
          Paul

Comment

Okay, I figured out how to register on your forum and registered with the account "test." I was able to browse through your site without being required to login again.

It appears to me that you haven't installed Scott's sessions.php--this is a good thing Don't do it.

Find out what ISP the users who are using your site and experiencing problems. Find out whether or not these users are connecting to the internet via a proxy server. If you have no idea what that means, just post a few of the IP addresses of your users with problems and we'll try to decipher it from there.

I have a suspicion that the majority of users that visit your site are from one particular region and are probably using the same ISP. If it's a proxy issue, like what we're seeing with AOL users, then that would make sense.

Paul

Comment

hi
              my proplem stell and iam losing my users and the proplem stell
              and iam using the seam provaider but i dont have this proplem

help me plz

Comment

Have you checked your 'Cookie Domain' and 'Path to save cookies' settings in the Admin CP?

Set 'Cookie Domain' to be .moltqa.com (make sure you include the first ".")

Set 'Path to save cookies' to /

Is that what you have already?

Comment

If you are using the same ISP yet you're not having a problem, then this is most likely an issue with their cookies and/or browser security settings.

Have the affected members manually delete the cookies for your site. To do this in IE 6.0:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

Cookie:[email protected]
                  and
                  Cookie:[email protected]www.yoursite.com

...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one found. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

hi
                    ithink that the proplem more than that becouse i try to inter from my pc to thir acount but i have the same proplem

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X