How do I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I do this?

First, thanks go out to everyone who'se been helping me along. I'm trying to figure out how to do something. What I want to do is to have a unique banner ad sponsoring each of my individual forums.

How can I code the header template file to pull up a unique banner ad in each forum? Will I need unique header templates for each forum or ??

For example: Let's say I have a forum called Movies, and I want to sell a banner ad to a local video store. They buy it and submit the banner ad to me. How do I code vbulletin so that when the Movies forum is selected by a user, it pulls up a unique header with the video store's banner ad?

Then, say I have a forum called Music. How can I force vbulletin to pull up a unique banner ad related to music in the header?

I don't want the forums to display the same banner ad in each forum, but different banner ads in different forums. How can I accomplish coding this?

To do this you'll need to create different styles with different ads, then set the styles to the appropriate forum.

Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Modify -> [edit]

Comment

Gotcha. Now I can see how to edit and/or add html to the different style sheets. Thank's Cary.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X