X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChanServ
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Stadler mentioned another important factor I neglected - posts are not counted in forums where this is turned off.

When you update the counters, the script goes through the database and makes sure that every members post count is exactly the same as the count in the database. This takes into consideration all the factors (not counting posts in forums that have this turned off, etc.)

If you update the counters, then this will give you the most accurate post count available. If it's lower than you expected, then this is because some posts were deleted or possibly moved to forums with the count turned off.
    and thats exactly what happened ^_^ hehe sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Stadler mentioned another important factor I neglected - posts are not counted in forums where this is turned off.

When you update the counters, the script goes through the database and makes sure that every members post count is exactly the same as the count in the database. This takes into consideration all the factors (not counting posts in forums that have this turned off, etc.)

If you update the counters, then this will give you the most accurate post count available. If it's lower than you expected, then this is because some posts were deleted or possibly moved to forums with the count turned off.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Fri 8 Nov '02, 7:13pm.

Leave a comment:

• Mono
    replied
    Originally posted by Stadler
    Well, there are some cases, when post-counters aren't updated:

- moving a thread from a forum where postcount is disabled to a forum where it is enabled or the other direction
    - turning postcount on or off for a certain forum
    - copying a thread

maybe you had turned off the postcount in one or more forums?
    We have a forum that doesn't count post two in fact. One we've always had it not count and the other we semi recently changed it like that. So when I updated the post it took all the post people made in that forum and deducted it? Seems logical I kinda regret now that I did it.

Leave a comment:

• Stadler
    replied
    Well, there are some cases, when post-counters aren't updated:

- moving a thread from a forum where postcount is disabled to a forum where it is enabled or the other direction
    - turning postcount on or off for a certain forum
    - copying a thread

maybe you had turned off the postcount in one or more forums?

Leave a comment:

• Mono
    replied
    Let's say the post were updated in the counters why would it reduce the number of post a user has and what can we do besides manually going in to everyones account and adding them back?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by ChanServ
    This was Random, all my threads/posts are still in tact, and yet ALL of my members have suffered from a post count reduction.
    Sorry but I've never heard of post counts changing randomly. vB just doesn't work that way.

The previously cited reasons are the only ones I'm aware of that will cause a change in the post count. If this is not true in your case then the cause is a mystery and I really don't know what to suggest. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• ChanServ
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Posts counts don't just change at random. Eiither someone pruned or deleted some posts and/or the post count was updated in the Admin CP.
    This was Random, all my threads/posts are still in tact, and yet ALL of my members have suffered from a post count reduction.

Leave a comment:

• NTLDR
    replied
    Or someone as manually set the users post counts

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Posts counts don't just change at random. Eiither someone pruned or deleted some posts and/or the post count was updated in the Admin CP.

Leave a comment:

• ChanServ
    started a topic post counts messed up

post counts messed up

Hi I am running off of vb 2.2.6 and today, my user post counts just went crazy. I lost 100 post (136-36). My top poster Paper Doll lost 1000!

I have no clue whats going on, please help.