Odd problem moving vB to new server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd problem moving vB to new server

I am moving my board to a new server. I exported all the data (or so I thought) and imported it into the db on the new server.

After fighting for a while with it not letting me log in, I realized that the reason was that the user table exported the structure but did not export the records.

I'm using MySQLMan on my old server. Though even vB's export fails as well.

I know that my host has disabled writes to the db but that did not keep me from exporting records from all the other tables.

Ideas? I really need to get my 3000+ users migrated so I can get my forums back up.
    Scott K
    PT Enthusiasts

can't you do a full telnet/command line mysqldump of your database to back it up ? instructions at http://www.webmasterbase.com/article/678 same for windows just instead you'd use DOS command line and paths would be different
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Nope, no telnet access on this host. (I know, I know...)
      Scott K
      PT Enthusiasts

Comment

Originally posted by ptenthus
        Nope, no telnet access on this host. (I know, I know...)
        then your host has to do the backup for you
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Okay, the reason I said this was an odd error is because every other table let me do a dump.

The user table dumped but the file generated only had the create statement. The data dump didn't work.

That said, I'm thinking that my next step would be to get the sys admins to dump the table from mysql and see if it works for them any better.

Still, that doesn't explain why the user table would have acted differently than the others.
          Scott K
          PT Enthusiasts

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X