Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade v2.0.0 > v2.2.8

Upgrade v2.0.0 > v2.2.8

I would like to get clear in my head what the issues are before performing this giant leap...

1. Will all changed/hacked templates remain intact? I am assuming they will as they are in the database.

2. Any hacks/changes in *.php files that we have made will be lost? I assume this to be true and we would therefore have to re-edit the files again.

3. What about hacks that have altered the database structure? will we lose any alterations to existing tables/newly added tables?

Will the upgrade scripts leave any modified data in the database intact? If so then upgrading should be easier as all we would have to do is re-edit any *.php files with the hack.

Any respone greatly appreciated

Oliver

1. Yes, but since there have been significant changes iin the templates since 2.0.0, some of the features of the board may not work properly until you revert the templates back to original and reapply your changes. You'll need to view the announcement for each new version since 2.0.0 to see which templates have changed.

2. Yes, you will lose any hacks to the php files.

3. Normally this won't be a problem, but occasionally a hack makes changes to the database that can cause problems in future versions. There's no way of knowing for sure until you try it.

4. Upgrading should not affect any of the existing data (except to update the version nnumber.) However if you have a hacked database all bets are off (see #3).
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X