User table corrupting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User table corrupting

I've have the table "user" corrupt a few times in the past 3 or so weeks. I'll run a repair and it will fix it...but it keeps happening. Any ideas on what I should do about this issue?

that could indicate numerous problems include faulty server hardware such as memory or hard drive or abruptly having the mysql server stopped or crashed while mysql is writing to disk

have you had any failed connect, or mysql.sock not found error messages lately or noticed mysql being restarted by your host often ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I've had a few other corrupted tables, I didn't bother to remember though. My host doesn't tell me when he does anything, and blames all problems on me when I'm 30 miles away from a computer. Forum is inmeasurably screwed right now and 20 megs have mysteriously disappeared from the database...I did get the corrupted tables fixed though

Comment

Find a new host - preferably one that knows how to run a server. I have two vB forums and in the last 16 months I've had exactly one database error between them that required me to run repair.php.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Glock21
          I've had a few other corrupted tables, I didn't bother to remember though. My host doesn't tell me when he does anything, and blames all problems on me when I'm 30 miles away from a computer. Forum is inmeasurably screwed right now and 20 megs have mysteriously disappeared from the database...I did get the corrupted tables fixed though
          as steve says.. find a new host!
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Attempting to, seems to be hard to find a quality free speech web host.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X