• Show
Clear All

• Stadler
    replied
    Originally posted by Boofo
    Let's try splitting the message up.

Stadler, shouldn't that be like this:

You had 2 extra slashes in it.
    Yep ... I've posted it, when vB2 was running here. vB2 is removing slashes from posts. vB2 would display my post with single slashes.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    Also, I've been getting the "Edited By" message showing up in some of my posts (Admin) sporatically. I haven't been able to narrow down a pattern yet, but it shows up in some messages and not in others. It seems like it shows up more in other users messages I edit. This is what I got when I rab a suggested query on it.

Running Select * from user where username="[admin user name]" ... Success! Information pulled from the database:
    OMuserwhereusername="[adminusernam

Does this mean anything to anyone? It has me completely baffled.

Edited: When I put tags (quote, php or code) on the query, I got the error. Leaving it like this, I didn't. Just thought you should know.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    Let's try splitting the message up.

Stadler, shouldn't that be like this:

UPDATE setting SET title='Show \'edited by\' for admins and super moderators?',description='If you want the [edited by xxx] message to appear when an admin or a super moderator edits a message, select yes here. This message will appear automatically for all moderators and other users, but using this option you can optionally turn it off.' WHERE varname='showeditedbyadmin';
    You had 2 extra slashes in it.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    I keep getting this error whenever I try to post to this thread.

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 15 seconds exceeded in /www/beta.jelsoft.com/htdocs/forum/includes/functions_bbcodeparse.php on line 515

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    I agree - the description is misleading.
    Note for those upgrading: This was not fixed in 2.2.9 Final. Neither the description nor code was changed.

Best wishes,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Stadler
    replied
    I think, the following query should fix this:
    Code:
    UPDATE setting SET title='Show \\'edited by\\' for admins and super moderators?',description='If you want the [edited by xxx] message to appear when an admin or a super moderator edits a message, select yes here. This message will appear automatically for all moderators and other users, but using this option you can optionally turn it off.' WHERE varname='showeditedbyadmin';
    I've highlighted the changes.

Edited the query. Using varname would be better. {Stadler}
    Last edited by Stadler; Sat 9th Nov '02, 3:42pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I agree - the description is misleading.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Hrmm. I thought I tested this with a regular moderator, but perhaps I didn't. In any case, if it's supposed to work for Super Moderators too, the description should be changed to reflect that:

Show 'edited by [xxx]' for admins and super moderators:

The flag it's checking for is ismoderator.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I still can't duplicate the problem. Setting this to 'No' turns the 'edited by...' message back on for Mods on my test forum but not for Admins.

Note that Super Mods have the same privileges as Admins on the forums and setting this to 'No' will suppress this display for them as well as Admins.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    I can't duplicate this with my unhacked 2.2.8 test forum. When I set this to 'Yes' the 'Edited by....' message displays for Mods and Admins.
    Oh, sorry. I meant "no" I guess I could have been clearer

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by LoveShack
    When this is enabled (set to "yes"), The "This post was edited by xxxx" message will not be shown when anyone with moderator permissions (getperms[ismoderator]) edits a post. This includes Moderators, Super Moderators, and Administrators.
    I can't duplicate this with my unhacked 2.2.8 test forum. When I set this to 'Yes' the 'Edited by....' message displays for Mods and Admins.

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Maybe because I don't understand what you are saying is wrong. Want to try again?
    Hah.. Okay

Problem:

In the Admin CP there is an option in vBulletin options:

Show 'edited by' for admins?
    If you want the [edited by xxx] message to appear when an admin edits a message, select yes here. This message will appear automatically for all moderators and other users, but using this option you can optionally turn it off.
    When this is disabled (set to "no"), The "This post was edited by xxxx" message will not be shown when anyone with moderator permissions (getperms[ismoderator]) edits a post. This includes Moderators, Super Moderators, and Administrators. (What's actually happening here is that the edit variables aren't being set in the post's record period--it's not really a question of displaying it--vBulletin will display edit information if it exists in the database entry, assuming of course, you leave the templates intact).

Since vBulletin has an "Administrator" group by default and users in this group have significantly different permissions than those labeled as "Moderators" or "Super Moderators", I think it's safe to assume that using the word "admins" is either incorrect or this function does not work correctly.

Solutions:

Either the description of this feature needs to be worded in such a way where it is clear what usergroups it affects (i.e. "Moderators/Admins"), or the code needs to be modified to do what it currently suggests: squelching only the "Edited by" messages from posts when an account in usergroup 6 edits a message.

If it infact is intended to be for all moderators, then perhaps a new setting needs to be added that affects only Administrators.

For an example of a possible "fix" for this code, see the above post with the quoted php.

I don't think I can make this any clearer.

Edit: I meant disabled.
    Last edited by Paul; Fri 8th Nov '02, 6:58am.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Maybe because I don't understand what you are saying is wrong. Want to try again?

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Not to keep replying to myself, but... anyone?

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Here's a temporary workaround:

PHP Code:
      // Bug fix: Show edited by admin setting affects all moderators - Nov 7, 2002 : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58241
      /*
      if ($showeditedby and $postinfo[dateline]<(time()-($noeditedbytime*60)) and !($getperms[ismoderator] and !$showeditedbyadmin)) {
        $editedbysql=",edituserid='$bbuserinfo[userid]',editdate='".time()."'";
      */

if ($showeditedby and $postinfo[dateline]<(time()-($noeditedbytime*60))) {
        if (
    $bbuserinfo['usergroupid']==and !$showeditedbyadmin) {

$editedbysql=""; }
        else {

$editedbysql=",edituserid='$bbuserinfo[userid]',editdate='".time()."'";
          }

// End bug fix: Show edited by admin setting affects all moderators

Last edited by Paul; Thu 7th Nov '02, 10:58am.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X