The users have disappeared....but they're still active =/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The users have disappeared....but they're still active =/

On a friend of mine's forums there were a bunch of problems. apparently someone messed with the database and now all the users were deleted. But they are still active. They can post, they get post counts, avatars, signatures, EVERYTHING. But under the memberlist only the new users show up. And in the admin CP only the new users show up again.

I was wondering if there's any way to bring back those people. We don't want to get rid of their accounts.

Have your friend post here.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

He's sleeping. I believe he lives in the Netherlands. He's not really my friend either =/. He asked me for help so I'm trying to help him, but it's way over my head...could you help or do you need to speak with him?

Comment

He needs to post here so we can verify he's a licensed owner.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Oh, you're right. My bad, let me get him over here.

Comment

alright, :P i'm the friend, and i dont live in the netherlands, i live in new york, i just cant go on the comp from 7 AM to 6 PM lol

Comment

I was talking about Luna, lol. Anyway, Smachol, it would be awesome if you could help us out

Comment

Thanks! This problem is most likely due to the user and userfield tables no longer matching. There should be one entry for each user in both tables. You can verify this by using phpMyAdmin to access and view your database. If they don't match then you can use the script posted here to fix the problem:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...984#post248984

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                X