Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing boards and mysqldump

Hi,

If I close the forums (deactive) so I can do a backup. When I move the backup to another server will the new forum also be deactivated? And will this be a problem? Should I backup with the board being active?

I never shut my board down as a rule

It only takes about 7 seconds to do a backup so I'm not too worried.

I used to shut the board down when I backed up using my admin panel because that took forever.

Cheers

PS: My database is only 35 megs
    PLEASE VISIT US HERE. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

I wish that were the case with me.

We are on a hosted server (moving to a dedicated today).

On the hosted server we are unable to do a dump of the entire forum, sooooo we have to dump each table individually which is very time consuming but the only way we have been able to do a backup. It takes me about 20 minutes to dump all the tables. This is why I close the board we have lots of activity.

Since we are moving today this should not be an issue but today it is. So I closed the forums and did a backup, now I am nervous that when I upload each of the tables to the new server it will upload deactivated and we won't be able to reactivate.

Chris

Comment

Closing the board isn't a problem, it will be closed when you upload it to the new server, but just switch it back on again.

I've never closed by board during a backup and my database dump is around 1GB.
        Motorsport Forums

Comment

Working...
        X