No announcement yet.

Moving Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I compared the replacement list of this, and the old forum I have installed and the older one is considerably bigger.

Yes, I imported a style that I put together on a clean install of 2.2.8 I had done before. I imported it before I upgraded and everything was perfect.

Comment

Well, perhaps you should try importing it again?

Comment

I did.

*Edit* Wow, but now that I look at my style in the admin cp, there alot of things missing there too...
        Last edited by Bungie; Sun 3 Nov '02, 6:40pm.

Comment

Ok, I will backup and type out everything I did so that you guys may better understand what is going on...

1. I installed a clean version of 2.2.6 using a db named 'db'
          2. I restored a backup that i had made earlier via SSH to a db named 'forum'.
          3. I changed over to the new db named 'forum' in the config file.
          4. I uploaded the style that I had previously made on a clean install of 2.2.8. Everything was looking great at this point.
          5. Launched upgrade scripts 20 & 21 from my browser.

Now it looks like it does now, the replacement list is missing a bunch of things and so is the style.

Link to forum
          vB version 2.2.8
          Operating system Linux
          Apache version 1.3.27 (Unix)
          PHP version 4.2.3
          MySQL version 3.23.53a

Comment

Try this. Upload the vbulletin.style file from the zip file to your admin directory. Make sure you upload in ASCII and overwrite the one on the server. Then use the Styles Download/Upload function to 'Import existing style set'. Choose 'No, create a new style', then click on 'Import File'.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sweetness! Thanks Steve, you are the man!

This is what it's supposed to look like.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X