Moving Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Database

Ok, I tried following the instructions in the 'Moving servers for Dummies' Thread. After I change the config file to access the restored database, I get this error...

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Fans of Xbox database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

We need to see the entire error message. Either post the contents of the email you received, or right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then cut-n-paste the error message here.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

<html><head><title>Fans of Xbox Database Error</title><style>P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}</style><body>

<!-- Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.6:

Invalid SQL: SELECT sessionhash,userid,host,useragent,styleid FROM session WHERE lastactivity>1036371797 AND sessionhash='4cdee94d02de900726c14c23e819eb47' AND (host='24.118.249.99' OR (althash='' AND althash<>'')) AND useragent='Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)'
      mysql error: Unknown column 'althash' in 'where clause'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Sunday 03rd of November 2002 08:17:55 PM
      Script: http://www.viperhost.com/~bungie/vb/...dmin/index.php
      Referer: http://www.viperhost.com/~bungie/for...in/install.php
      -->

</table></td></tr></table></form>
      <blockquote><p>&nbsp;</p><p><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the Fans of Xbox database.</b><br>
      Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote></body></head></html>

Comment

It sounds like you are running 2.2.8 files with a database from an older version of vB. You might want to back up and tell us *exactly* what you've done up to this point.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am using a 2.2.6 db. Do I need to install 2.2.6, restore the db and then upgrade? I didn't know it mattered...

Comment

Yes, that was it. Sorry for bothering you guys. I'm still learning new stuff everyday. Thanks for your help Steve.

Comment

You might be able to get away with just running the appropriate upgradexx.php scripts from 2.2.8--I'm not sure though if those upgrade scripts rely on code from vbulletin itself, although I would think it wouldn't, since you'd overwrite the files when doing an upgrade anyway. To migrate from 2.2.6 to 2.2.8 you'll need to run upgrade20.php and upgrade21.php

Upload upgrade20.php and upgrade21.php from the /upload/admin folder of the 2.2.8 distribution zip. Then visit the files (i.e. browse to http://www.yourwebsite/forum/admin/upgrade20.php, etc.). Be sure to delete any upgradexx.php/install.php files from your admin folder once you've finished.

The upgrade scripts will convert your database to work with 2.2.8.

Comment

Originally posted by Bungie
                Yes, that was it. Sorry for bothering you guys. I'm still learning new stuff everyday. Thanks for your help Steve.
                ... Or I'll just sit here quietly hehe..

Comment

Heh, I installed 2.2.6, then restored the database. Everything was working great up to there. Then I used the upgrade scripts to upgrade to 2.2.8 and now, this is what it looks like...

Comment

Oh.. wow.. your {replacements} aren't being processed. Don't ask me why though! If that happened to my forum, I'd cry and hide under my desk.

Maybe Steve has an answer for ya

Comment

Well, I just looked at my replacements, and it seems I have two sets... could this be causing the problem?

Here is a screenshot:

Comment

Well, I deleted the second set, but still the same screwed up looking forum...

Comment

Is there stuff in them? (when you expand the groups?) My guess is you don't want two

Comment

Yea, I think I found the problem...

I'm missing quite a few replacements.. Is there a way to add them without doing every one individually?
                            Last edited by Bungie; Sun 3 Nov '02, 6:21pm.

Comment

Perhaps you should check your styles... I think all the ones you're missing are defined there.

Did you try to import an old one or something?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X