users getting passwords via email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• users getting passwords via email

This is the error message that my users are getting. {warning: server error in d:\inetpub\bandb\forum\upload\member.php on line 166} I am running an exchange 2000 server. If I request a password for my email account (its an exchange account behind a firewall with a private ip) I have no problems only sending emails to new users that are on the outside on my LAN.

Any thoughts

Upload mailtest.php to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Use an email address that you are currently having a problem with. What happens? Any errors? Does the email arrice?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

when i open the mailtest.php i get this message: Notice: Undefined variable: address in D:\Inetpub\bandb\forum\extras\mailtest.php on line 7

then when i send a test email i get: Warning: Server Error in D:\Inetpub\bandb\forum\extras\mailtest.php on line 17

thanks.

No it dosn't send the email.

Comment

Mailtest is a simple script that checks to see if your server is properly configured to use the PHP mail() function. This error would indicate that it's not.

Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here it is. Thanks

www.bandbhobbies.com/Forum/upload/index.php

www.bandbhobbies.com/Forum/extras/phpinfo.php
          Last edited by jgernand; Sat 2 Nov '02, 5:46pm.

Comment

He meant the phpinfo file, which you have here: http://www.bandbhobbies.com/Forum/extras/phpinfo.php

Comment

Yet another Windows server with email problems.

Your PHP is server is setup to use mail.digitalsolution.net as the SMTP server. Is this the correct email server? Try changing this to 'localhost' in php.ini. Then restart the web server

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

mail.digitalsolution.net is the correct name for my mail server. just a side note it is a 2000 exchange server with authentication turned on.

here is a shot of my php.ini file

[mail function]
                ; For Win32 only.
                SMTP = localhost ; for Win32 only

the smtp was mail.digitalsolution.net. I changed it to localhost and restarted. I am still getting the same error message.

Comment

the smtp was mail.digitalsolution.net. I changed it to localhost and restarted. I am still getting the same error message.

also note that if i go to the admin page and send my password to myself ( on the same private network as the web and email server) it works fine.

Thanks for you speedy replies it’s much appreciated

Comment

One other note:

I used the php4.2.3 installer to do the isntall, and the website that the bbs is installed to is not in the default inetpub folder on c it is in a inetpub floder on the d: drive. I mention this because when i went through the PHP installer when it asked me what sites i wanted to associate the site that the bbs is in wasn't one of the choices.

Comment

I've notice that sometimes when posting a reply i get the following error message but only for a moment then the post gets posted.

Warning: Server Error in D:\inetpub\bandb\forum\upload\admin\functions.php on line 2288

thanks again

Comment

Backup your database, then run this MySQL query in phpMyAdmin:

UPDATE template SET template = REPLACE(template, "\n", "\r\n");

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I am now to PHP and vBulletin. Where is myphpadmin?

Comment

PhpMyAdmin is a MySQL database management tool. Most web hosts provide this as part of the web site management tools such as CPanel, Plesk or Ensim. Look for a link to SQL or MySQL Databases. If you can't find it I suggest you ask your host about this.

If for some reason they do not provide phpMyAdmin or an equivalent MySQL manager, then you can download and install phpMyAdmin yourself from this location:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Warning: Server Error in D:\inetpub\bandb\forum\upload\admin\functions.php on line 2288 Seems to be fixed, but I am still having the original problem with emails. This is a real problem. Users can sign up but can complete the sign up because they don't get the confirmation email.

Thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X