• Show
Clear All

• Roody
    replied
    ok, Steve ill have them check that.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    It's definitely a cookie problem. Either they did not manually delete the cookies or there is something else on their computer that is interfering with cookies (i.e., browser settings, firewall, ad blockers, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• Roody
    replied
    i'm afraid that didn't fix the problem. new suggestion?

Leave a comment:

• vBadvanced
    replied
    That sounds like the typical vB cookies problem. Tell your member to try clearing their cookies. There's a small "how to" in the FAQ section on your forum if they're not sure how to clear them.

Leave a comment:

• Roody
    replied
    they do have cookies enabled on the forums, and it isnt a framed environment. Not sure what is causing this, but does anyone have an idea?

Leave a comment:

• belindaj
    replied
    Is it in a framed environment, and if so, is there a login required for the actual website that it is framed in? If those don't match (like if he has recently changed his login password for the vB board but not for the website) then this will happen -

I just discovered this today with one of the support forums I frequent from my hosting company - somehow the login got corrupt, I initiated a new password, I did finally recieve it but it no longer matches the website which houses the forum, so I ended up bookmarking the forum itself outside of the managed hosting website in order for the two logins to not fight with each other.

Leave a comment:

• NTLDR
    replied
    Have they got cookies enabled in there profile?

Leave a comment:

• Roody
    replied
    just checking it to see if anyone has an idea about this?

Leave a comment:

• Roody
    started a topic Possible problem with staying logged in

Possible problem with staying logged in

I have a member, who is having issues staying logged in in regards to my forums. They will log in, and be looking around, but when they start a post, or are replying to one, and try to submit it asks them to login again before accepting the post.

They are the only reported member with this problem, and they do have their computer set to accept cookies. Is there any kind of suggestion I could give them?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X