X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3URLS / at 3 providers, one DAtabaSE

Ok this is my Question

If you have one VBulletin Board

And i want 3 sites to have access to it, stored at three different providers, in case anything goes wrong (one gets shut down) sort of like redundancy.

So i have one site at InterLand, one at HostPro, and one at RackSpace

and i have the DB Stored in my own ded server.

and all 3 sites access the same database

So far it all seems to work, but ihave a question do i need to worry abotut updating anything, for exampld uploaded avatars, etc?

all the php fles remain the same but will there be anythin i need to worry about, the db is the same so all 3 sites will access that fie but i am wondering is there anythin that some sites will have that others wont because of somethin being uploaded to the server?

thanks and if thats a problem whats the best way to fix it

we will have 4 domains all poingint to the same site basicallyin case any of the4 are ever down

Since you're running three sets of vB files you'll need three separte licenses - even if they are using the same database.

And assuming you have not applied any hacks, all the file uploads go into the database. So this should not be an issue for your setup.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok No Problems

Your program is worth getting a few licences for.

Second Question us right now i am downliading possibly for the first time a copy of the php files, and i am seeing a TON of jpg / gif files for avatars that are being downloaded, can i delete them?

And what else can i delete?

Are the uploaded files only stored on the database temporarily?

Comment

Where are you downloading this from? There are no avatars included with the official vB download.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

from my site, which has 1000 custom avatars on it

Comment

i think in a dir called temp

Comment

i meant for the first time i am downloadin the php files off my forum to my hd

Comment

Custom avatars are uploaded to the database. Avatars uploaded through the Admin CP are uploaded to the server. You'll need to remove these avatars from the Admin CP first if you no longer want to use them. Otherwise just copy them over to the new server.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X