Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some URGENT HELP :D

The Situation

A "modified" version of 2.2.8, with new template design, extra features off vbulletin.org. And Lots of Hacks. This is running off my local server! On MY network!

My "Orginal" version of 2.2.6, with modified templates, Lots of hacks, Running on a webserver now and working fine!

The problem is how... Do i get all the posts/users/settings from the webserver (2.2.6) WITHOUT the template designs, just the information for posting,settings,and other stuff!

Then this information to be addded to the database onto the 2.2.8 version that has been hacked!

I cannot just rewrite the 2.2.8 files as the 2.2.8 files needs extra stuff in the db for it to work!

Basically its one hacked board into another hacked board! Without getting the templates and stuff into the other!

I would like information ASAP!!!

[email protected]

you can't import certain information into the 2.2.8 database. you will need to make a complete mysqldump of your 2.2.6 database, restore that dump to the database your 2.2.8 forums use, run upgrade20.php and upgrade21.php on that database, then apply the database hacks.

before doing this you can download your custom 2.2.8 style from the admin cp of your 2.2.8 forums. when you are done with the database restore / upgrade / hacks you can upload the saved .style file through the admin cp, replacing the default.

Comment

but i want to get rid of 2.2.6 completely! Including the Hacks!!

if i upgrade to 2.2.8 then the hacks wont work but i dont want em anyway!! As i have newer versions of the hacks!!..

Comment

currently there is no vB to vB import script, so upgrading your existing database is the only option. you will need to contact the original hack authors for instructions on removing their database hacks.

Comment

could.. I ... keep the existing database?? .. the 2.2.6 one..

Then... Delete out all the files! ...

then reupload 2.2.8 fresh..!! and modify the config.php file so its right with the database!

Would this work?

Then i could remodify the newly uploaded files??

Comment

Any hacks to the database will need to be removed manually. You'll need to contact the hack authors for instructions on how to do this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

you havent answered my question!! ...

would it work if..

I deleted out the files for 2.2.6 ... kept the database...

and reuploaded files that were version 2.2.8 !

Would this work?

--
              uninstalling hacks isnt really an option as there are like 20 different hacks and some dont work! and i dont know which are installed and which arnt!
              --

Comment

i'm not sure what you are asking... the bottom line is that your forum data is bound to your current database. if you upgrade to 2.2.8 you will need to run the upgrade20 - 21.php on your database and upload the new 2.2.8 files. by uploading the new 2.2.8 files you will be uninstalling any file hacks. however, to uninstall your database hacks you will need to contact the hack authors.

Comment

so if i upgrade using the upgrade.php script... This would remove all hacks, Template based ??

The hacks in the database can stay in their and shouldnt cause any problems as they arnt being called for by VBulletin coz i would have been wiped out!

Comment

running the upgrade scripts will not uninstall any hacks.

to remove template hacks simply revert your customized templates in your admin cp.

Comment

Also note that running the upgrade scripts will not remove any changes made to the database by your hacks. The only way yo do this is by contacting the hack authors and getting specific instructions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

sorry to bother you BUT..

If i were to keep the database as it is...

And i wiped out the directory... /forums/

Therefore i got RID of Vbulletin..

Then reuploaded the new version of VBulletin 2.2.8 ..

would this work.. and keep existing posts?

Comment

No this won't work. You would need to run the appropriate ugrade scripts to upgrade the db from version 2.2.6 to 2.2.8.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

think of vBulletin as two main parts... the files and the database. upgrading vBulletin is a two step process. first you need to upload the new files (upgrading the files basically). second you need to run the appropriate upgrade scripts to upgrade the database.

Comment

what do you mean by upload the new files ? upgrade20.php upgrade21.php? then rin them then the upgrade is complete!

Or do you mean upload / overwrite the other files index.php and the other lot!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X