X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange prob: thread is shown multiple times

Hello

I have a really strange problem with our vBulletin Board Version 2.2.6

We have some threads which are shown multiple times. For every post you have written you see one more thread - but it's always the same thread with the same threadid - so i cant' delete it, 'cause the thread is only shown once in the database.

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem?

RitterWilliam
    Webmaster AoMN.de

can you give us a direct link to a page with this problem?

is your forumdisplaybit template customized? if so, change it back to default.

Comment

Yes, sure:

There are some forums with these threads:
      » Main Hall
      » Smalltalk
      » Anregungen, Wünsche, Kritik, Fragen

But I think you won't see any failure because you haven't posted anything. I think only the users who wrote something in one of those threads have this problem.

This is a screenshot of another user having this problem.

[email protected]

I will check whether the forumdisplaybit template is customized.
      update: checked - the template was customized but it does not help to revert it to the original template :/

Thanks so far
      RitterWilliam
      Last edited by RitterWilliam; Thu 31st Oct '02, 1:59pm.
      Webmaster AoMN.de

Comment

i just registered an account and posted a reply in a thread. i wasn't able to reproduce the problem.

do you have multiple styles? maybe another style has a customized forumdisplaybit template? do you have any hacks installed?

is there anything else you can tell me to help me reproduce the problem?

Comment

Hmm...

1. we have only one style
          2. i'm not sure whether we have installed any hack. i think just a 'small' one for the userinfos. but i will ask our 2nd admin, he knows it

I think you will not be able to reproduce the failure when you only post one posting. You will have to write some more tests. If you will go on testing just take this thread - that's one of the broken.

Thanks
          RitterWilliam
          Webmaster AoMN.de

Comment

It sounds like the problem discussed in this thread.

The duplicate only apears when dot icons are on and the person viewing the forum has posted in the thread. Basically, the number of threads you see is equal to the number of posts you have in that thread.

To confirm if this is the problem, turn off 'Dot Icons' and see if you still see double.
            http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

Originally posted by fastforward
              It sounds like the problem discussed in this thread.

The duplicate only apears when dot icons are on and the person viewing the forum has posted in the thread. Basically, the number of threads you see is equal to the number of posts you have in that thread.

To confirm if this is the problem, turn off 'Dot Icons' and see if you still see double.
              Yehaw!!! It works again. It was exactly that problem.
              But it's not normal that there is such a problem, isn't it?

Thanks a lot .
              RitterWilliam
              Webmaster AoMN.de

Comment

Originally posted by RitterWilliam
                Yehaw!!! It works again. It was exactly that problem.
                But it's not normal that there is such a problem, isn't it?

Thanks a lot .
                RitterWilliam
                The problem is not really vB related. The query syntax for that query is valid. It's just that MySQL didn't handle the join correctly.

I only came across the problem when using an early MySQL 4.0 version... I think it was 4.02. I'm pretty sure the current downloadable version is OK. I know for a fact the CVS version is definately OK as that's that one I'm using.
                http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

Comment

mysql 4 is in development right now

Comment

Working...
                  X