Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with multiple registrations ..... Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rfdesq
    replied
    Thanks guys, it is not a priority right now. I'm trying to learn Go Live 6.0, Photoshop 7.0, and XP Pro while trying to run my law office at the same time.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Stadler
    replied
    Originally posted by rfdesq
    I would hate to install a hack just to remove it very soon.

Robert
    As Steve said, you don't need to apply this hack for the sole purpose to deny guests to view your users info. If you can live with it, that guests can view the calendar, but not the members info, just fill out a support ticket and Steve will apply the setting, so that guests can't view members info anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Why do you need to install a hack? You can limit guests from viewing your member's info without a hack. I've even offered to do this for you.

Leave a comment:

• rfdesq
    replied
    Thanks, I'm going to wait until vb3 and see what I feel is missing. I would hate to install a hack just to remove it very soon.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Stadler
    replied
    Originally posted by Stadler
    >Originally posted by rfdesq
    >(where is the "can view calendar" "no" button)
    Well, actually there is none, but I agree, that there should be one.
    I've just created a small hack for this: http://www.vbulletin.org/hacks/index...ack&hackid=772
    Maybe you want to apply this to your forums.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can already do this with vB2. There is no reason to wait until vB3. Even if you did wait, you''d still need to set the permissions correctly. Might as well do this now rather than later.

Just fill out a support ticket and I'll do this for you.

Leave a comment:

• rfdesq
    replied
    Dead Horse

I'll beat the dead horse one last time and then wait for the release of vb3. I have no hacks installed. When I go to my forums as an unregistered/not logged in user and I click on "forum leaders" I can see every user and their user group even though I cannot go farther than that without logging in. I do not want unregistered/not logged in users from even seeing that information. I understand that I have to edit several templates to remove "forum leaders" from the home page and with the soon to be released new version (see how optimistic I am) it isn't worth it. I also don't want unregistered/not logged in users from viewing the calendar, seeing users birthday's, etc. I'll pop over to the vb3 beta site and do some searthing there. I do appreciate your time.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As I said I set the permissions on my test forum to disallow guests from viewing members info and it works. I've also posted the instructions on how to do this.

If you need help and you have not installed any hacks, then fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Leave a comment:

• rfdesq
    replied
    The only permission I have set to "yes" for the unregistered/not logged in group is "can view board". If I click that to "no" visitors can't even see that there are forums there. I still want them to see what they are missing by not joining without letting them see users information. Am I making any sense?

Thanks,

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, I can see them which means you don't have the permissions set correctly. As I said I took the time to do this on my test forum and it works perfectly. I think you need to recheck your permissions for the 'Unregistered' user group.

Leave a comment:

• rfdesq
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    I can't duplicate this problem on my unhacked 2.2.8 test forum. Once I have the permissions set as I mentioned above, 'guests' cannot see any members info under any circumstances.
    Go to my site www.danelen.com, you would be an unregistered guest there. Click on the calendar and forum leaders and let me know how far you get.

Thanks,

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by rfdesq
    But, I can still get to my users information by clicking calendar, (where is the "can view calendar" "no" button), and then clicking on someone's birthday or by clicking on forum leaders as a guest (where is the "can view forum leaders" "no" button).
    I can't duplicate this problem on my unhacked 2.2.8 test forum. Once I have the permissions set as I mentioned above, 'guests' cannot see any members info under any circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• rfdesq
    replied
    Originally posted by Stadler

>(where is the "can view forum leaders" "no" button)
    Well, there is none, too, but IMHO such a feature shouldn't be added in future versions, too and I actually think it wasn't added by intention. IMHO everyone should be able to view, who's responsible for a forum.
    Even those who have no permission to view any of the forums at all? I respectfully disagree, private is private.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• Stadler
    replied
    >(where is the "can view calendar" "no" button)
    Well, actually there is none, but I agree, that there should be one.

>(where is the "can view forum leaders" "no" button)
    Well, there is none, too, but IMHO such a feature shouldn't be added in future versions, too and I actually think it wasn't added by intention. IMHO everyone should be able to view, who's responsible for a forum.

Leave a comment:

• rfdesq
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Did you read my last line?
    Yes, and thank you for your patience. I can no longer click on members or see who is online as a guest. But, I can still get to my users information by clicking calendar, (where is the "can view calendar" "no" button), and then clicking on someone's birthday or by clicking on forum leaders as a guest (where is the "can view forum leaders" "no" button). If I can prevent those two things I will be a happy camper until v3 comes out.

Robert

Leave a comment: