Multiple groups for 1 user!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple groups for 1 user!

Hi, I'm an administrator of a vB forum and I have some problems with user's groups.

example:

I have 2 private forums:
    Private forum A
    Private forum B

Now I have 2 users groups
    Group A can view forum A
    Group B can view forum B

If i want to have a user that can view both forums but he is not administrator, do I have to create another group or I can give him custom access?

thx for help
    (sorry for my poor english)

You can give him custom access.

1) Go to Admin CP, vBulletin Options, switch ON forum access masks.

2) Go to User, and find him, open up his details. Click on Set Forum Access link at the top. Give him access to the specific forum.

Done!

Comment

That's exactly what I've been doing too... But this can get quite combersome when it comes time to change many members to private forums. You tend to forget who has access to what unless you write it down or go to each user and view their permission...
      It would be great if a user could be added to multiple groups... it would life a lot easier
      Hopefully, this feature will be added in vB3.

Comment

Originally posted by Pc-Gamer
        That's exactly what I've been doing too... But this can get quite combersome when it comes time to change many members to private forums. You tend to forget who has access to what unless you write it down or go to each user and view their permission...
        It would be great if a user could be added to multiple groups... it would life a lot easier
        Hopefully, this feature will be added in vB3.

That is something which definitely would be useful - various projects we do involve different people for each one. It would definitely be far simpler to temporarily at least, add them to an additional group rather than mess about with permissions.

Comment

Originally posted by good2laugh
          That is something which definitely would be useful - various projects we do involve different people for each one. It would definitely be far simpler to temporarily at least, add them to an additional group rather than mess about with permissions.
          i think the new version 3 of the software allows members to be part of multiple user groups without geopardising security access to restricted forums. i think i am correct in stating this.

This is the feature i am most looking forward to in the new release.

Comment

Originally posted by scri
            i think the new version 3 of the software allows members to be part of multiple user groups without geopardising security access to restricted forums. i think i am correct in stating this.

This is the feature i am most looking forward to in the new release.
            That would be excellent. Certainly be more user friendly. Thanks for the info.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X