• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Re: Funny Posting Order Part 2

Originally posted by Tim S
    Now i have brought this up with the hosting company who claim the CMOS chip and time are all accurate within 15mins and that they use the time off the servers to co-ordaniate curtian things so they have seen no sign.
    Accurate to within 15 minutes!!!

15 seconds I can understand but 15 minutes is inexcusable.

The bottom line is that vB get it's time from the server. If the times are off, then this is a server issue.

Leave a comment:

• Tim S
    replied
    i suspose my question is am i right?

Leave a comment:

• Tim S
    started a topic Funny Posting Order Part 2

Funny Posting Order Part 2

Lately My Vb board Has gone haywire the posts are arriving at funny orders this is do to the time seems to have moments where it is incorrect by up to an hour and bringing posts that should be at the bottom at the top ...

Now i know the boards use the php time function sooooooo! in real time the time function should exact the server time and be almost accurate not 15mins off or 30min to an hour sometimes.

It has become really frustrating to the users which i respect as i am becoming really frustrated as well.

Now i have brought this up with the hosting company who claim the CMOS chip and time are all accurate within 15mins and that they use the time off the servers to co-ordaniate curtian things so they have seen no sign.

But i am stuck really because lets face it my boards are pulling the time from there servers and that they say that its fine i wanna know if there could be another reason for this ...

because i really dont wanna push the hosting company and find out i am wrong ... But if i am right i am willing to fight for it thank you

Tim all help will be appreciated

thank you