Direct link to admin cp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct link to admin cp

I forgot what the coding is to put your username and password into a link to get right into the admin cp. Did a format and forgot to save all of my links.

?loginusername=username&loginpassword=password

My understanding is that this will no longer worh with vB3 for security reasons.

Of course you do NOT want to put such a link anywhere on your site!
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hopefully it will be allowed to be enabled, I run a medium sized board and I about went crazy not being able to have a cookie or direct link till I found it.

Comment

It's a massive security risk though...if say a site looks at it's recent referrers, and sees the URL you use, it will have your username and password in the URL, they can just go to the forum and login as you

Comment

How would you be shown websites via the Admin CP? I have to go to my server stats program to view that, different username and password.

Comment

You browser send the reffered site in your header.

For instance, if you go to www.yahoo.com and from that page go to www.excite.com, excite will see you came from yahoo. Just replace yahoo with your user name and password

Comment

Which I don't do.
              Last edited by Glock21; Wed 30 Oct '02, 8:05pm.

Comment

You will have to create this on your own. If you desire this in vBulletin 3.0, you will have to rewrite the code to circumvent the security put into the system. We will not redo things to lower security.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

At the very least, cookie it. The rest of the board is cookied and it could likely be done.

Comment

As a customer I'd prefer they stick to the highest security settings. Typing in your pass and username is not that slow, is it?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X