How do I insert an image into a post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I insert an image into a post

I know that I can use an attachment and get a link to an image, but I want the image to actually appear in the post so that anyone who views the post will see the image without having to click on a link.

Thanks,

Ron

use IMG tags, like this:

[IMG]http://www.domain.com/image.gif[/IMG]

make sure IMG code is enabled for each forum. Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Modify -> [edit]

Comment

I have seen vBulletin forums where users insert images directly into their posts. Am I correct in assuming that these images are "redirects" to another machine?

Comment

Also, with attachments,in the adminCP, there is an option to show images, if you set this to yes, you can attach images and they will show up automatically without having to click a link

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
          Also, with attachments,in the adminCP, there is an option to show images, if you set this to yes, you can attach images and they will show up automatically without having to click a link
          That is what I am looking for, but can't find. Right now, all I am getting is a link in the message. If you click the link, you can see the graphic, but I want it to appear without user intervention.

Comment

Found and fixed the problem.

I found and fixed the problem. I was only seeing a link to the image in the posting. I went into CP | Forums and edited the forum to allow BB Images and now the image (instead of the link) appears in the post.

In this particular case, I uploaded the .gif file to the /images folder and then inserted the link via the "Img" button in the Reply dialog box. I assume that it is not possible to allow the image to be incorporated into the posting? That is, a user who is unable to upload to my site, or who cannot provide a redirect URL for the image will be out of luck and unable to include the image in their posting.

Comment

Re: Found and fixed the problem.

Originally posted by Ron G
              I assume that it is not possible to allow the image to be incorporated into the posting?
              That's what the file attachment feature is for.

That is, a user who is unable to upload to my site, or who cannot provide a redirect URL for the image will be out of luck and unable to include the image in their posting.
              Why wouldn't a user not be able to upload an attachment?
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X