Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot find config.php file and cannot create new one automatically.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot find config.php file and cannot create new one automatically.

I just uploaded all files for vBulletin! And it keeps saying the following error.

Cannot find config.php file and cannot create new one automatically.

Make sure that you have uploaded it and that it is in the admin directory. It should look something like this:

But the problem is when i unzip the vBulletin, I don't find config.php !! i tried different versions of vBulletin, and same problem!

You need to rename admin/config.php.new to config.php

Make sure that file contains all of your database info!

Comment

now it keeps saying

Attempting to attach to database...

Warning: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home/omanserv/public_html/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in /home/omanserv/public_html/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 38

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/omanserv/public_html/forum/admin/db_mysql.php on line 47

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

Comment

Try setting $servername to localhost

Comment

still the same problem.

i am using vernturesonline server.

Comment

Make sure the following items in config.php are set correctly:

$dbusername
            $dbpassword
            $dbname

If you are unsure of what the values should be, you should check with your host.

If you have the correct values (and you are 100 percent sure you do), Your DB User isn't assigned to your database or it doesn't have permission to access MySQL. If this is the case, you'll need to check with your host.

Comment

well i figured out my way :\

when i created the username "kvk007", it was created as "omanserv_kvk007".

Thanks for the help though.

Comment

Working...
              X