Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete "sent items" private message ONLY

Hi,

It seems that my users only knows how to delete the INBOX but not those in sent items. Those message adds up to their PM limit and they are not receiving PM.

How do i delete those "sent items" only? Is there any SQL command to do that?

Thank you.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but you could just go to User CP--> Jump to folder: -->Sent Items.

From that you can select all the sent PMs and delete them.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Vile,

Thanks. However that is not what i wanted. I'm talking about the ADMIN side. In the admin side, i have the option of DELETING all the PM in my users account. But now i ONLY want to delete those in sent items and not inbox.

Thus i'm thinking the only way to it is thru SQL, but i'm not sure how Vbulletin works and which table to delete. Thus i'm seeking the help of those who knows.

Thank you.

Comment

I guess the outbox (sent items) are the folderid= -1
        there is a table called privatemessage with folderid in it which seem to be all 0 or -1 (at least the first 60 results)

DELETE * FROM `privatemessage` WHERE folderid=-1

SUGGESTION { UNTESTED }

Just guessing here. If someone could confirm it, then it would be great. And don't forget to backup your .sql

Since I am just guessing here, I have no idea what type of impact this has on the database or vbulletin, maybe it is required to keep a few other things in mind that i forget here.
        Last edited by Floris; Mon 28 Oct '02, 8:37am.

Comment

if you have a test board install this hack

and then try the command, if it works use it on your board

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X