Settings reset on their own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settings reset on their own

Here's what's happening. The settings that we set in the admin CP sometimes reset. The last time it happened, we were banning an e-mail address, once we hit save, then the settings like Page URL, Depth of Forum, ... reset to nothing.

Now it's also happened once before, but I'm not sure what we did right before it happened.

Does anyone know why this could be happening?

Tigger

This may be a bug that has been fixed in 2.2.8 - what version are you using?

Refer to this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=54071

Comment

We are running 2.2.8. What's really strange is that this is the first time it has done this since we started using vB. And it doesn't happen all the time. And as far as I know, no error messages occur. It just seems to delete a few specific values.

So strange.

Tigger

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger
        We are running 2.2.8. What's really strange is that this is the first time it has done this since we started using vB. And it doesn't happen all the time. And as far as I know, no error messages occur. It just seems to delete a few specific values.

So strange.

Tigger
        Strange indeed...

Comment

Make sure your PHP wasn't upgraded recently with the MBstring (multibyte strings) module.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=56291
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

We do not have that module installed. If it happens again, I'll post another message. But so far it hasn't happened in a couple of days.

Tigger

Comment

Working...
            X