Attachment Table Size Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment Table Size Limit

My host informed me that my forum's attachment table is going to hit a file system limit shortly. The attachment table size is currently 1.8 gigs, and the limit is 2.0.

Is there anything I can do other than deleting some existing attachment files to make the table smaller?
    Last edited by Thunderfall; Thu 24 Oct '02, 3:20pm.
    War is only fun when you are winning.

Not really. The best thing you could do is prune some of the message containing the attachments.

There's alos a hack at vbulletin.org that moves the attachments out of the database and onto a directory on the server. Check vbulletin.org if you're interested.

Note, this will be an Admin option in vB3.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Will installing that hack render existing attachment links obsolete?

If vB 3.0 is not that far away, maybe I should wait for it instead of installing the hack...
      War is only fun when you are winning.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyPike
        Thanks for the reply. Will installing that hack render existing attachment links obsolete?

If vB 3.0 is not that far away, maybe I should wait for it instead of installing the hack...
        Is VB 3 going to store them out of the database?

Comment

Originally posted by muxx
          Is VB 3 going to store them out of the database?
          It gives you the option to do so.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

When i upgrade from 2.2.8 -> 3 will it give the option to move all attachments out of the database?

Comment

I doubt this will be part of the upgrade process, but there will be an option in the Admin CP to do just that.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
              X