Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I import vbulletin.sql with out SSH support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I import vbulletin.sql with out SSH support?

How do I import vbulletin.sql with out SSH support?

I just moved to a new host, and they are running plesk, but don't offer SSH support,

how do I import my database vbulletin.sql with all my members on it using the web or admin section of the vb forum?

Thank you,

Khaybel

You can't via vBulletin. However, if you have access to phpMyAdmin, you can probably run your SQL Dump there.

Please note, depending on the size of your forums, it most likely will time out. Give that a shot.

Comment

You could modify PMA to override the timeout but your host would not appreciate it. SSH/Telnet really is the only reliable way.

Another thing you could try is upload the dump to your site then ask your host to restore it. If they're a nice hosting company they should do it for you for free.
      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

thanks for info, guys, they don't seem to be very nice about SSH, I moved to them for my personal servers, and my business server I have SSH, I feel so naked with out it.

I have phpmyadmin on both, but not sure how you would intergrate the vbulletin.sql into the new host.... with phpmyadmin,

is there a walk through that sorta explains if I can use that file or is it more painful? Also has anyone made a vb.org hack that could import possibly?

If I could use SSH, I'd be very happy.. but can't till I get a new host ;P right now it's out of budget...

Thanks for help so far..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X