Move Thread Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move Thread Option

In my absence, one of our Administrators has carried out some customising, ie he has replaced the default buttons in the header with customised option buttons and has also removed most of the default text from the footer.

Unfortunately I only have the visual evidence that changes have been made. I have not been provided with the specifics and he is now away from the office. The option to move a thread from one forum to another is now not visible.

The user groups have not been modified and the option to move own threads to other forums is enabled.

Any ideas?

Re: Move Thread Option

Originally posted by T&H
    The option to move a thread from one forum to another is now not visible.
    Revert your forumdisplay_adminoptions template.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Option to Move Thread To Another Forum Not Visible

Hi Steve,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Unfortunately, php is fairly new to me and I have not had any involvement in amending the code.

This is the code taken from the forumdisplay_adminoptions template. Is this correct? If so, what else could be wrong? Could the code have been amended anywhere else other than in the template?

forumdisplay_adminoptions code

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
      <form action="moderator.php" method="get"><tr><td>
      <smallfont>
      <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]">
      <input type="hidden" name="forumid" value="$forumid">
      <b>Admin Options:</b><br>
      <select name="action"
      onchange="window.location=('moderator.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&forumid=$forumid&action='+this.options[this.selectedIndex].value)">
      <option value="modposts" selected>-- Forum Options --</option>
      <option value="modposts">View Posts Queue</option>
      <option value="modattach">View Attachment Queue</option>
      <option value="move">Mass Move</option>
      <option value="prune">Mass Prune</option>
      </select>$gobutton
      </smallfont>
      </td></tr></form>
      </table>

If not, can you identify what is wrong from the above?

Cheers

Comment

Sorry, wrong template. It should be the showthread_adminoptions template. Just revert this back to original.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Move Thread to another Forum Option

Hi Steve

I have looked at the showthread_adminoptions template which appears to have been customised quite abit so I cannot just revert back to the original.

The code for Thread Option Links, Forum Jump and Rate Thread and Forum Rules and Admin Links has been removed from the template. What part of the code produces the Move Thread to another Forum option so that I can copy it back into the template.

Comment

Admin Options

I've now managed to locate the code I need to display Admin Options, namely Thread Option Links and have copied this into the ShowThread template which has sorted out this problem.

However, I have noticed another problem in that the New Thread button in missing within some Forums but not all. Any ideas where this code lives?

Ta

Comment

New Thread Button

Don't worry about this query. It turns out that the moderator moved the only post within the thread and therefore lost the option to add a new thread.

I worked around it by creating a new thread within another forum and then moved it to the correct forum. The New Thread button has now re-appeared.

Strange but true.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X