Waiting confirmation email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting confirmation email

I have quite a few members who are waiting for a confirmation email... I have tested this a few times and always receive the confirmaiton email... I did have a moderator who tried several times to register and would never receive any email... Is there any problem with aol accounts or hotmail accounts receiving email to register ?

You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.

If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wouldn't it be great if vBulletin processed these over-quota e-mails? I have seen a few AOL e-mails rejected because the recepient did not allow mail from our domain. You might want to check if these users are utilizing some sort of spam-protection and ensure that they aren't blocking your host. Like Steve said, without access to the bounced mail, you're only guessing. Talk to your provider and see if they can provide you with mail logs.

Comment

ok ill look into it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X