Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB 2 Import Process Error

Hi!
    I submitted the following message through the Member Support form (SID-22172-3c48fc65) and still have yet to recieve a response. I was hoping that someone on the forums might be able to help me:

Hi!
    I attempted to import my phpBB 2 board into vBulletin, and got to the Associate Users step. I entered the user id of my administrator user (the only vBulletin user set up at this point). vBulletin told me:

Associating vBulletin user 1 with phpBB user 1 .... ok.

But there was no link and the page did not forward me anywhere. I used the Contextual Menu (right-click menu) to go back and refreshed the page to see if the data had been stored but the box that should have read 1 came up blank. How can I successfully Associate my users?

Thanks for your assistance.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Shedd Technologies International
    WWW.STI.BZ [email protected]
    Web Development Services & Products
    www.dlman.com vBulletin Integrated Digital Product Delivery System

Hi!
    James Ussher-Smith responded to my email and suggested that I skip the Association stage and then use an SQL query to associate the users at a later point.

I have a few additional questions, which I experienced as a result of the conversion:

The phpBB BBcode tags appear like the following:

[b:1679091c5a]

Can you suggest a way to clean up thousands of these malformed tags?

Additionally, many threads not stickys originally were marked as sticky during conversion. I presently see no apparent way to make mass changes like this (a good idea for future versions - like the Forum Moderator panel in phpBB), so I am converting these manually. This would be an issue to address in the next release.

Also, the Most Users Online data was not converted. Which table do I need to insert this information into? Also, is the board start date information converted? If not, where do I need to insert this?

Finally, Thread Links not converted. Many other board converters automatically edit the links to threads - this converter does not do that. Again, this is an excellent idea for a future version.

My forums are located at http://net.sheddtech.com/forums/ and I am running 2.2.8.

Thanks for your help. I look forward to your response.
    Sincerely,

Robert Shedd
    [email protected]

Comment

Hi!
      I still have yet to get a response on these additional issues. I would greatly appreciate the assistance of a member of the support team. Here is some additional information, in case you need it to answer my questions.
      [list=1][*]URL of your forums: See previous post[*]PHP version: 4.2.2 (http://www.sheddtech.com/phpinfo/)[*]MySQL version: 3.23.39[*]Apache/webserver version: 1.3.26[*]Server operating system: Linux[*]Any error message you are getting: See previous posts[*]Whether or not you have edited any files: No, fresh install of 2.2.8[/list=1]

Thanks again for your efforts.
      Sincerely,

Robert Shedd
      [email protected]

Comment

The best place to get help with import issues is via the support ticket system. Unfortunately only one or two people are familiar with these import scripts so we'll need to assign the ticket to one of them for resolution.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi!
          I have a ticket in - can you tell me if it has been assigned and approximately how long it will be until I can get a response? My corporate forums are littered with malformed BBcode tags (see previous post) and I would love to solve the other issues.

Also, can you tell me where in the database I can edit the Most Users Online data, since it does not apply to the converter? Which table do I need to insert this information into? Also, where is the board start date information?

Thanks for your response.

Comment

I don't see any unassigned tickets regarding this issue so I assume it's been assigned. What name and/or email address did you use for the ticket?

To set Most Users Online, run this query:

UPDATE template SET template='x y' WHERE title='maxloggedin' AND templatesetid=-2;

...with 'x' being the online number and 'y' being the Unix timestamp.

I don't know about the start date. Let me check.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi!
              I used Robert Shedd ([email protected]). The tracking code that I was given was [SID-22172-3c48fc65].

Thanks for the Max Online Users SQL query. It worked perfectly.

I sincerely appreciate your assistance.
              Best Regards,

Robert Shedd
              [email protected]

Comment

Yep, the ticket's there and it's being handled by JamesUS. He's really the best person equipped to help with this.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Great! Do you have any idea of where my tickets stands in the queue or when I will be receiving a response? There was a delay of 4 days between the time when I submitted the original question and the point at which I recieved a reply the first time around.

Additionally, were you able to find out anything about the board start date?

Thanks again for your efforts.
                  Sincerely,

Robert Shedd
                  [email protected]

Comment

There is no 'queue'. Since the ticket is assigned to James it will depend on when he can respond to it. His last response in that ticket was yesterday.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok. Thanks for the explanation of how tickets are handled.

Comment

Were you able to find out anything about altering the board start date in the database?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

No. In fact where does this date even show up?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Hi!
                            In other boards, a "start date" (when the board was first created) is used in the calculation of certain statistics. I assumed that vBulletin would use simlar data for its calculcations. Is this incorrect?

Comment

I'm not aware of any such field which is why the question confused me.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                              X