Change the default style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the default style

I have downloaded a style and want this new style to be the default when a user which is not logged in comes to the board. At the moment the new user gets the standard purple vBulletin style and has to go into his/her CP and switch to the alternative Style.

What do I have to do so that ONLY the new style will be available and the user sees only that style?

To make the new style show up as the default, simply modify the Default Style properties and point them to the Replacement and Template sets of the style you want to appear as the default.

Admin CP -> Styles -> Modify -> Default [properties]
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You should look for some Kind of "Theme Changer Hack" like used on vB.org in addition. I run about 6 different Themes on my Board, and the Theme-Dropdown is one of the best Features to point Useres to use different skins.

Comment

Just a small question on this...

I have uploaded a new style...
        I wanna make that new style to be the default one... but I don't wanna lose the one I have now... as default...
        I wanna keep ti with another name...

Comment

Originally posted by stark427
          Just a small question on this...

I have uploaded a new style...
          I wanna make that new style to be the default one... but I don't wanna lose the one I have now...
          See my previous message.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            See my previous message.
            Steve, maybe I wasn't clear.
            My question was not how to make the new style default, but whether with the way you suggested the old default will *stay* there (but not as default) and will not be *overwritten* from the new... one

thanx
            Last edited by stark427; Wed 13 Nov '02, 6:23pm.

Comment

No, you can't do this without hacking. However you can always make a new style (call it Default2) and have it use the default replacement and template sets. This is effectively the same thing.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

simply set properties of default style to the new template-set + replacements and the other styles properties vise versa.

Comment

thanx all.

Here is what I'm thinking of doing.

I have 2 styles.

1) Blue (default)
                  2) New (which I wanna make default).

- Im gonna create a new Blue2 style and point it to take the replacements + templates of the Blue (default)

- Then I'm gonna go at the properties of the Blue (default) and point it to take the replacements + templates of the New.

- Rename the "Blue" ---> to "New"

- Rename "Blue2" ---> to "Blue"

do I miss anything?

Comment

That looks almost right, except you will have two styles named 'New'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

thanx Steve
                      I will try it very soon

Comment

Working...
                      X