X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Here's the process I use to manually delete cookies in IE 6:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

Cookie:[email protected]
    and
    Cookie:[email protected]www.yoursite.com

...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one found. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.

Leave a comment:

• exTracT
    replied
    Hmm, Ok in internet explorer 6 will this insure that all cokies are delelted? what I want to do is Make a little instructions on exaclly how to flush your cookies and then link to it from the error_nopermission_loggedout template.

*Goto "Tools" Menu --- > Then select "Internet Options"
    Click on the "Delete Cookies" Tab
    Once it is finished deleting the cookies Do this next step
    Click on the "Delete Files" Icon.
    Select offline content.
    Once that is complete
    Click Ok
    Click on Settings
    Then View Files
    Inusre there is nothing in this folder,
    Close the folder window
    close all browsers
    check the c:\windows\cookies folder and make sure there is only the index.dat file in there.*

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    The most likely cause is that some software or browser settings on their computer are interfering with cookies.

Leave a comment:

• exTracT
    replied
    here's a twist, some users Including NEW ones still have the problem when they login and at every option it just asks them to login agin.

I talked to one person having the problem, who delete all his cookies and still has the problem.

What exaclly causes this problem and what are the steps in fixing it.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• exTracT
    replied
    that's some dedication!!

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    no problem, now its time to go to bed

only 1:20am not bad lol

Leave a comment:

• exTracT
    replied
    ahhh, ok that fixed it. thanks to you i am now starting to get a grasp on how the cookies work. thank you so much for your help this evening it is GREATLY appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    you also have www in that url but not the others, try removing any absolute url information so its not got a url in the tag.

i removed the $bburl/ and changed the ' to "

and its working fine for me now.
    Last edited by Scott MacVicar; Sun 20 Oct '02, 4:22pm.

Leave a comment:

• exTracT
    replied
    hmm i am not sure how i did that but anyway, i changed it to what you pasted and still the same problem, goes to the login screen and even if i log in it says loads the redirect page and then just goes back to the login screen again

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    you've removed s=$session[sesssionhash] from the template make sure its

search.php?s=$session[sesssionhash]&action=getdaily

Leave a comment:

• exTracT
    replied
    yes users that are not logged in cannot seach, But i was logged in and when i went to search it asks me to login.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    you have can search set to no in the user permissions for users that are not logged in.

Leave a comment:

• exTracT
    replied
    Awsome! thank you thank you.. I was getting worried there that i really buggered it up. I guess i know now what not to touch.

here is something i still have a problem with but it could be unrelated, but just started as well.

I just decided to allow guest access, so that is setup fine and dandy.

I made sure i cleared out all cookies and started a new browser session.

Everything seems to work fine posting, pming, everything except the getdaily posts search.php?action=getdaily

When ever i do this it asks me to login. it also creats a guest session with my ip searching the forum, which i do no allow guests to do.

weird. by the way this was happening before your fix so it is not related to your fix.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    changed your email and yes fixed the problem

you had the full url as the cookie domain where it should just have been the domain, i changed this to .wpgrevscene.com which will allow you to change to the new sub without any cookie problems and left the cookie path as /

Leave a comment:

• exTracT
    replied
    [email protected]

when you say fixed do you mean you fixed the problem.

so easily? I guess thats why they pay you the big bucks.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X