Changing Options en masse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Options en masse

Inregards to the sticky thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=29122

I would like the whole list of options to change, especially how to turn off peoples Email Notify on the threads as well as user settings.

-Thomas

Set Receive Email Notification To No:
    UPDATE user SET emailnotification = 0

Which other user settings would you like?

Comment

To set ALL forums / sub forums to
      Custom style set for this forum "Default"

And to do it all for users change to Style "Brown"

Originally posted by Cary

Comment

Well...it's been a long time since anyone posted here! hehe

But I have one......every once in awhile, I get a member who contacts me and is all frustrated because they cannot post....when I go to looking....somehow(probably by them) the option: "Remember Username and password" is set to no.

Obviousley this would and does frustrate folks to no end, and I'm getting tired of saving them! lol

I would like to set this option to "Yes" enmass, and then make the option a hidden field so that it cannot be changed.

Thanks,
        Illu
        All who wander are not lost.
        - JRR Tolkien -

Comment

nice one..thx

Comment

This was really helpful thanks - Although it didn't take me excessively long to find via search, just wondering if there is a way this could be added to the sticky file with the title of a similar name you already have? I'm considering buying another licence for another site (subject to funds) and I know I might want this particular one again, I *try* to keep notes of how to do and thread links but inevitably I lose them. Anyhow it was helpful and figured it might help others if it could be added - just a thought. I'm very grateful for the help.

cheers

Comment

Set "Show Email" setting to "No"

How do I set everyones "Show email" to "NO". I think someone is harvesting email addresses from my site.

P.S. I am a MySQL newbie, so easy instructions would be helpful.

Comment

Assuming you are running vB2 and not vB3:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User and registration options -> Display email addresses -> No

And if you want users to still email each other without displaying the email adrress:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User and registration options -> Use email form -> Yes
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Assuming you are running vB2 and not vB3:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User and registration options -> Display email addresses -> No

And if you want users to still email each other without displaying the email adrress:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User and registration options -> Use email form -> Yes
                  Will that change those in the database, or just new registrations?

Comment

This changes it for everyone, including new registrants.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Is there anyway to set the "Receive Admin email" to a manditory yes. I have a lot of users that have this turned off and miss important anouncements. I have it set in the default options but I suppose some turn it off either by error or by intent.

Comment

You would need to do what I suggested above, then remove the option to change this from the sappropriate templates. However it's not really necessary because you have the option to override this setting when you send out a mass email.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
                        X