Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to VB "installation probelms"

Frustration, Frustration !!!!!!

I've been trying to get my copy of VB 2.2.8 to work.
    The problem in a nutshell is that after going through all the setup procedures, installing PHP and MySQL ect I get to the Admin control panel to log in and it won't except my login name and password.

I've re-installed all software on many occations but I'm halted at the same point each time. It will let me log into the moderator index.php no problem but I'm unable to access the admin control panel to start to set up the board.

My OS is win2000
    IE6 with SP1
    At the moment the software is loaded on my local drive using IIS
    I've installed the software in the Inetpud/wwwroot directory.

Where I'm I going wrong????
    Any ideas?

Please can anyone help......
    Last edited by jello; Fri 18 Oct '02, 8:10am.

Strange! I've never heard of this one before. When you log into the Mod CP is your user listed as an Admin?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry Steve I don't won't too sound stupid but what do you mean when you say Mod CP?

Comment

Ignor the last I think you mean Moderator Control panel sorry !!

Comment

Steve,

I've just re-installed all software SQL, VB, PHP. I'm still having the same problems. To make things more confusing I'm unable to get into the mod CP now where I was able to the other day.
          At the Admin CP when I enter the password and username I choose the sceen changes for a split second and the message "Hang on a Sec" appears in the left hand corner then it just returns back to the login boxes.
          If I put the username but then wrong password it will take me to the error screen telling me that I've entered a wrong password or username.
          Do you know what the admin CP checks before connecting?

Comment

Originally posted by jello

At the Admin CP when I enter the password and username I choose the sceen changes for a split second and the message "Hang on a Sec" appears in the left hand corner then it just returns back to the login boxes.
            AFAIK this is usually an indication of a cookie problem. Make sure your computer is not blocking cookies and manually delete the cookies for your site if necessary. To do this in IE 6.0:

Tools -> Internet Options -> Temporary Internet Files -> Settings -> View Files

Then search for the individual cookies for your domain and delete them all. The name should be in the form of:

Cookie:[email protected]
            and
            Cookie:[email protected]www.yoursite.com

...and any derivatives of the above. Then highlight the individual cookies and delete each one found. After this, close all browser windows and restart IE.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

...................................................................

Thanks I'll give it a whirl.

Comment

well,,,,I do have the same problems..for 2 weeks?

I tried the cookies ..and also changing the cookie path using myphpadmin but no luk

my old vb.2.2.1 the new one 2.2.8

plz help
                http://www.shmmr.net/vb/images/image...ar_add2007.gif

Comment

I've at long last manage to get it to work.

I created and installed the VB software into a directory in the Inetpub/wwwroot folder. (called it forums)

If you then open IIS Manager and select the folder you created, you will then be able to drill to the forums/admin/ right click the index.php and select browes this should fire up explorer and allow you to log in.

Why this way works I'll never know !!

I hope this works for you as I know how frustratinfg it has been for me.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X