Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with my forum?

Problem Fixed!!
    Last edited by Peace; Wed 16 Oct '02, 8:50pm.

That would be a corrupted table.

Upload repair.php to your admin directory. (it's found in the 'extras' folder of your vBulletin zip)

Next, run repair.php in your browser. Follow the on screen instructions and it should fix your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
      That would be a corrupted table.

Upload repair.php to your admin directory. (it's found in the 'extras' folder of your vBulletin zip)

Next, run repair.php in your browser. Follow the on screen instructions and it should fix your problem.

Thank you.

Comment

Open up your vbulletin zip. It's in the 'extras' folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Cary
          Open up your vbulletin zip. It's in the 'extras' folder.

I don't see the zip or the extra folder in my directory files. Or maybe I've overlooked it. Can you tell me where exactly is it located?

Comment

The vBulletin zip is the file you download from the members area.

Comment

I went to the member area and there's only 2.2.8 for download. I'm running 2.2.6.

Comment

Go ahead and download 2.2.8 and use the repair.php file from there.

Comment

It didn't do anything but this is the message I got when I tried to run repair.php

repair.php for mysql 3.23 or greater

This script will attempt to repair corrupted databases. While it can repair most common errors, it can not repair everything. As a side benefit it will also optimize your tables. This script is unsupported by jelsoft.

Usage:

iterations=x (x is the number of times you wish for the script to attempt to repair a broken table)
                  nohtml=1 (Output text only no html. Useful for cronjobs and you wish to receive text only)
                  forum=x (x is the name of the database to check. Leave it off to use the default database of your vBulletin forum)
                  check=1 (without this you will get this screen and no checking)

Example Usage:

repair.php?html=1&check=1 (most common usage, will check a forum and return html results)
                  repair.php?check=1&iterations=4&forum=vbdatabase (check the database "vbdatabase", try to repair damaged tables 4 times)

Comment

Sorry about that. Run http://URL/TO/adminrepair.php?html=1&check=1

If everything doesn't report 'Ok' after you run it, run it again.

Comment

The url doesn't work.

Comment

Sorry again... http://URL/TO/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

Of course change /URL/TO to the correct path.

Comment

I forgot to put in my forum path.
                          Last edited by Peace; Wed 16 Oct '02, 8:40pm.

Comment

Thank you, Gary. I appreciate your help. It's fixed. baragon0, thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Do I suppoed to delete the repair.php file?

Comment

Now I'm getting other errors.
                              Last edited by Peace; Wed 16 Oct '02, 9:56pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X