clear all cookie options for members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clear all cookie options for members

I disabled the ability for members of my board to cookie or "remember me" today so they have to log in each time.

Now I get lots of messages like this:

"I have been having a hard time getting in to the sample board. It keeps taking me back to the log in after I have logged in."

However I see many others on the board with no problem. Is there something I am not seeing that would throw members back to he same log in page where they just tried to log in?

Thanks

http://www.yes-its-free.com/vbbs/index.php

Disabling the cookie options may cause problems with AOL users and others behind proxies. Frankly I wouldn't recommend doing this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Here is what I did;

Removed the option for them to "remember me" in registration and modifyoptions template.

Added <input type="hidden" name="cookieuser" value="no">

to each template. (courtesy of vbulletin.org)

I really want to make people log-in each time with not too much trouble. Is it the <input... code above that is giving trouble?

Appreciate your help. ( trying to combine your input and vbulletin.org to make this work)

Comment

As I said if you disable the cookie function then you're going to have problems with some of your members. I don't know of any way to do what you want and not avoid these problems.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks, just remember you are dealing with a novice :-)

I just do not understand since their are literally thousands of sites that demand a person log in before gaining access. How do we do that on VBBS?

Should I return the choice to both templates to let members select the "remember me" option or should I delete the <input string ?

Comment

Ok started reading some other posts and see th eissues with AOL.

I put all features back.

All right then, is there any other way around this?

Does making them log off when they leave make it so they have to re log back in? If yes, how would I do this?

Thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X