Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooloovoo
    replied
    Looking more closely at teh registration process and profile edit scress, I think I've found a bug in the modifycoppa template:

Code:
    <form action="member.php" method="post">
    <input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]">
    <input type="hidden" name="action" value="coppaform">
    <input type="hidden" name="username" value="$username">
    <input type="hidden" name="password" value="$password">
    <input type="submit" class="bginput" value="Display permissions form" accesskey="s">
    </form>
    the action attribute should be "register.php" not "member.php"

I've made that change to the modifycoppa template, and the button on the edit profile page now correctly displays the form with the user's information filled in. - this solves problem 2. - now I just need to figure out how to fix problem 1.

Leave a comment:

• Hooloovoo
    replied
    D'oh - I just found the "can modify profile" checkbox - so item 3 is no longer an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Hooloovoo
    started a topic Problems with COPPA setup

Problems with COPPA setup

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of setting up a vBulletin Installation which will require the use of the COPPA registation system.

I've just spent some time testing the registration process so that I have an idea of what a COPPA user can expect.

I've found some problems that I'm not sure how to fix:

At the end of the initial registration process, the COPPA user is given a registration form to print out and have signed. Looking at the templates, it looks like the form should have all the data they just entered filled in, but (at least on my system) the fields are all blank.

In the email that is sent to the parent, there is a link to get to the edit profile screen which would allow the parent to make any modifications they wish, and print out a copy of the form. After loging in and viewing the edit profile screen, I click on the "display permissions form" button and I get a blank page.

In the email that is sent to the user, there is an activation link. Once this link is clicked, the user is moved from "Users Awaiting Email Confirmation" to "COPPA Users Awaiting Moderation". If the parent (or the user) then attempts to then log in to update the profile, or print out the form - they get a message stating that they do not have permission to access that part of the site.

I think this last problem occurs because I have turned off COPPA User's ability to view member info. I'd like them to not be able to view other profiles, or the member list - but still be able to edit their own profile.

Anyway, I'm using VBulletin 2.2.8, but the dev board is behind a firewall, so I can't grant access to it.
Working...
X