Favor to ask

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favor to ask

Will one of you go to my board as a guest and see if you can go into the forums and view the posts?

I am trying to check permissions settings on my board. It should be set so that guests can view nearly all the forums But when I log out myself and try I can't see any of the posts though i can see the forums.

My board

Thanks
    www.ScapeFilms.com

I can view the forums, but when I click on the forum name, I can't see the list of threads. Hope this helps!

Comment

This problem happens with some hacks. Check the access table in your database and look for any entires with userid=0. Delete any record with this userid.

As with any changes like this, make a backup of your database first.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve I'm sorry I don't know how to work with the database at all. Is there an easy way to fix this? Will it hurt my hacks at all?
        www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

Go into phpMyAdmin (your host might provide this for you in your control panel)

Select the database you are using for vBulletin.
          Click 'access' (to your left)
          Click 'browse' (to your right)

Under the 'userid' column make sure, as Steve suggested, there isn't one equaling 0... If there is one, delete it.

Also, backup your database before you make any changes.
          Instructions are located at http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/backup.html or you can do this also in phpMyAdmin, if you know how.

Comment

wow it's taken me a while to get back to this subject and myself and my members have just sort of lived with the baord how it was. but I would like to fix it. I've attached a screenshot of my database.

So I just drop the top part that says userid correct? The one above forumid.
            www.ScapeFilms.com

Comment

No - don't drop this field! You would click on 'Browse' and browse the table looking for any entries with userid 0. However it looks like your access table is empty so this advice it moot.

Perhaps you can explain what it is you are trying to do again. What permissions have you given your Guests and what do you want them to be able to do?
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X