Emailing activation codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailing activation codes

When a new user registers, the server won't send out the activation email. I signed up for a test user, and waited a couple of days and I still have not got an email.

It used to send it out without a problem. I just noticed it recently, because people started emailing me saying they couldn't post because they could not activate there account.

I tried uploading the mailtest.php file and I put in 2 different emails, but neither of them got an email. I got no error messages either.

I just tested other email features.

None of them work.

Any ideas?

Comment

To your knowledge, did any of the email features ever work?

I tried registering on your board, but email activation is turned off

Comment

I just turned it off because they weren't sending emails out and I wanted new users to be able to post.

Comment

Could it be my server problem? They do have a feature to prevent my email from being used for spamming purposes.

I have to check my pop3 email before I can send out emails through my SMTP account.

If I don't it won't let me send out an email.

Maybe this new info will help out my problem.

Comment

1. Upload mailtest.php to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Using your email address as a test, what happens? Any errors? Do you get the email?

2. Upload the phpinfo.php file from the 'extras' directory of the zip file to your forums directory. Then post the URL here. This will help us troubleshoot the problem.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

1. I don't get any errors. I don't get any emails either.

2. http://www.albertacars.net/forum/phpinfo.php

Comment

You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X