Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Showthread.php error

Hey again!

Well, we recently tried to install a hack, the store hack by lesane. This has nothing to do with it I hope, though.

You see, when I try to view a thread, I get 10 or 11 of these at the top of the page:

"Parse error: parse error, expecting `']'' in /home/sites/site120/web/forums/admin/functions.php(278) : eval()'d code on line 68"

They were driving me crazy. So I went in and did what it asks to do. And, to no avail. It kept going on and on with errors. It ended off with fatal errors in admin/sessions.php. I got fed up with it, and reloaded my backups. So now, I am stuck with this error. It is still driving me crazy.

The owner said he tried the hack on the forums offline with our new version coming up, and he got errors as well. I'm very stumped here. On line 68, it's just identifying globals--why does it need a "["? Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance!

It seems like a problem with the hack (or installing it). All support questions for hacks should be directed in the appropriate thread at http://vbulletin.org

Meanwhile, if you want to get your forums up and running again(without the hack) just upload your original vBulletin files in which you changed for the hack.

Comment

I'm absolutely positive on uploading all the files again. I'm not sure I want to put up with this hack anymore, though I will direct future questions towards .org's, thanks!

I only need help fixing the forums now.. Can you help me further?

Comment

Did you upload the original admin/function.php file? If so, did that fix the problem?

Comment

Yep, I did, and nope, it didn't.

EDIT: I'm running 2.2.8

Oh yeah, and when I uploaded functions the first time before I posted this thread, that brought back the forums. Except that error was there on the showthread to welcome me back.
          Last edited by EGW; Wed 9th Oct '02, 4:24pm.

Comment

What does line 68 of your admin/functions.php file read?

Also, post the exact errors you are receiving. Thanks!

Comment

*ahem*

68: " global $bbuserinfo,$session,$ignore,$cookietimeout;"

In the hack, it told me to add "$DB_site", if that helps. This is what it says currently, with the $DB_site variable not present like it should be.

EDIT: Exact errors? Sure... one sec

"Parse error: parse error, expecting `']'' in /home/sites/site120/web/forums/admin/functions.php(278) : eval()'d code on line 68

Parse error: parse error, expecting `']'' in /home/sites/site120/web/forums/admin/functions.php(278) : eval()'d code on line 68

Parse error: parse error, expecting `']'' in /home/sites/site120/web/forums/admin/functions.php(278) : eval()'d code on line 68

Parse error: parse error, expecting `']'' in /home/sites/site120/web/forums/admin/functions.php(278) : eval()'d code on line 68"

And then it doesn't show any posts.

EDIT EDIT: I'll try Steve, thanks
              Last edited by EGW; Wed 9th Oct '02, 4:32pm.

Comment

Uploading all the original vB files should take care of this error.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm angry. I uploaded ALL the files, deleting all my hacks and custom work and this error is still there! Further help please?

Comment

Did any of your hacks also invlove changes to the templates? You'll need to remove those changes as well.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No, all I did was modify some of the header... that's all. And then there's a bunch of custom templates.

EDIT: Aye...... CRUD. This always happens. I ran the default and it worked. Fine. It's going to be pulling teeth trying to figure out what's hacked on my hard-worked template.

Uh... thanks.
                      Last edited by EGW; Wed 9th Oct '02, 4:56pm.

Comment

Hmmm...most hacks involve some sort of template changes.

If you are absoultely sure you've removed your hacks and restoed the original vB files, then fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks anyways. I'm going to start from scratch instead.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X