Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I create an Online journal/weblog using vBulletin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I create an Online journal/weblog using vBulletin?

I was thinking of creating a forum where users can come and create a journal or weblog thread using vBulletin but I want it structured that only the author/creator can reply to the thread and no one else.

Is this possible to do with vBulletin? Thanks again.

yes. every user belongs to a user group. go to your Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions and set the permissions you want for each group for the forum in question. the two permissions you want to set are "Can reply to own threads" and "Can reply to other's threads."

Comment

There are actually 2 hacks released on vB.org that is quite good and integrates an online journal to vB.

1) vBJournal Lite 1.1b - a nice fully-featured almost stand-alone journal integrated into vB

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=43717

2) vBJrnl - a hack that converts a forum into a journal system

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=43893

You can also use the stock vB Calendar and convert it into a journal with some hacking - this is what I did.

Comment

Thanks Jakeman and Erwin. I'll try it out and let you know if there's any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin
          You can also use the stock vB Calendar and convert it into a journal with some hacking - this is what I did.
          Hi Erwin! I was wondering how you were able to do this and do you have a screen shot of it? Thanks.

Comment

I'll PM you a link to my site's journal.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X